For All The Non-Bakers Out There
Small things come in great packages, and this is the perfect example. The best chocolate cake I’ve ever had!
- 3 Tbsp GF semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter, margarine, or vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp orange zest, to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In another bowl whisk together egg, milk and vanilla.
Combine everything together and mix until smooth. Pour into an ungreased large latte-style* mug or 2 regular size coffee mugs, and microwave on HIGH for 3 (1000 watts) or 4 (900 watts) minutes.
*the large mug I used in the photos holds 1 3/4 cups of liquid.